Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Kinetic Potential (KP) is currently recruiting for a conscientious and dedicated Landscaper/Skilled labor.
The individual selected for this role will be responsible for performing manual work cleaning and maintaining residential facilities and grounds. The work involves a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as cutting grass, general landscaping and cleaning vacant units and common areas. Additionally, the Landscaper/Cleaner will be responsible for gutter and roof cleaning and pressure washing. The Landscaper/Cleaner will also learn and assist in a variety of semi-skilled tasks involved with general maintenance of housing units.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing manual labor including cleaning and will have some knowledge of landscaping.
- Utilize a variety of hand and power tools in landscape maintenance work such as line trimmers and pruners.
- Operate mowers, tractors, trenchers, vehicles, and equipment.
- Water plants; mow grass; trim trees and bushes.
- Install bulk mulch, down-spouts, and sod, plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Rake leaves and clean walks, fields, courts, etc.
- Represent Landscaping in a positive manner.
- Mows and details all district grounds, including athletic fields and track facilities using mowing equipment and utility tractors.
- Assists with the preparation of athletic fields for games, including chalking fields.
- Collects and disposes of leaves, dirt, rubbish, and refuse from District facilities.
- Follows scheduled maintenance plan to care for trees and shrubs, including operation of power tools such as power pruners, chain saws, chippers, and power pole saws.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to ensure proper operating conditions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to travel regularly between work sites.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance methods, procedures and tools.
- Knowledge and ability to safely operate vehicles, tools and power equipment related to grounds maintenance including appropriate use and care of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors, co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to perform continual manual labor (bending, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, walking, holding hands above head, repetitive and vigorous use of appendages).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.