Assembler and General Laborer Temporary Full Time
Location: Windsor, CT
Cadet Intern Apprentice Professional
Background & Program Description
Are you looking for an opportunity to start an exciting new career? Kinetic Potential (KP) is a national talent development and staff augmentation agency that provides entry level positions for hard-working individuals that desire a foot in the door with some of the most iconic employers throughout the United States. Our passion is people, and as a mission driven organization, we are 100% committed to developing individuals from underserved communities and providing them with life changing career opportunities that improve your quality of life and your local community.
KP is currently hiring 25-30 individuals to support general laborers and assembly personnel to support the setup of a large warehouse currently in the construction phase. Experience is NOT NECESSARY - you will have PAID on the job training to gain necessary skills for the position. This is a unique opportunity that will serve as a transformative experience for individuals seeking permanent employment with significant growth potential. This is not only a unique opportunity to gain real experience, skills and knowledge in a growing industry, but most importantly, this is your opportunity to SHOWCASE your commitment and determination to getting the job done and can-do attitude—our client has expressed a desire to hire those who excel as permanent employees. Get your foot in the door by applying today (bring you’re A-game!).
The assembly process is a fast-paced position responsible for building/assembling shelving made of metal and fabric. It is a production line environment in a warehouse that is not climate controlled. Employees work in pairs to assemble each component which becomes part of the customer’s warehouse inventory management system. Successful candidates will be punctual, reliable, safety conscious, team players who are physically capable of repetitive work that includes lifting, pulling, pushing, and using hand tools such as hammers, rivet guns, and pallet jacks. The warehouse environment is in the construction phase and personal protective equipment (PPE) must always be used including hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety shoes.
- Work with partner to assemble Components to meet required production goals
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- Physically able to lift, push, pull, up to 45 lbs. consistently through a 10-hour shift
- Inform supervisors of any defects in equipment or individual parts
- Communicate effectively with co-workers on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Maintain and assume responsibility for equipment (hand tools, etc.) that are issued
- Quick to learn and flexible attitude
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus
- Knowledge of various types of hand and power tools a plus (e.g. welding machines, jack hammers)
- Relevant work experience in warehouse, manufacturing or construction a plus; willing to train.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and good dexterity
- Prior experience in heavy assembly work a plus
Employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. The work site is a construction environment. Temporary restroom facilities such as Porta Pottys are available on site. Building is non-climate controlled.