Shared Living Service
Shared living is an arrangement in which an individual, couple or a family in the community share life's experiences and their home with you. It emphasizes the long-term sharing of lives, forming of caring households, and close personal relationships between you and support person(s).
- Support services are intended to maximize your independence in activities of daily living and to fully participate in community life.
- They may include but are not limited to:
- Training in the development of self-help, daily living, self-advocacy, and survival skills;
- Training and assistance in developing appropriate social behaviors for community settings;
- Training and assistance in developing housekeeping skills;
- Training and assistance in developing patterns of living, activities, and routines that are appropriate to you and your surrounding community; and Supervision or guidance as appropriate.