Housing Supports Service
To develop quality, affordable, accessible housing for people with disabilities in safe locations where they can access support services, transportation, employment, and recreation throughout their lifespan.
- Housing is separate from services.
- New homes are built using universal design principles.
- Individuals live in homes designed to meet their needs throughout the aging process.
- Individuals/families receive services they need where they live.
- Density of homes designed specifically for individuals with disabilities will be considered in the planning of new development.
- Individuals/families are integrated into their communities.
- Individuals/families participate in designing their own homes.
- Individuals/families live in communities that are safe.
- Individuals/families live in homes they can afford.
- Individuals/families make informed choices about purchasing or renting their homes.
- Individuals/families are in control of their home environments.
- Increase housing options for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Increase the awareness of housing issues experienced by individuals with developmental disabilities within the internal structure as well as with external partners, stakeholders, and the community at large.
- There is a integral link between self-determination and housing. Understanding the link between self determination and housing is critical if we are to move forward in our vision that individuals truly have control over their own lives.